A blog of fashion, food and family. With a few random musings inbetween.

Thursday 1 September 2011

Chasing rainbows...

I'm so behind on my blog posts so I've decided to stick a few days worth all on one post to catch up!

Saturday - Not too hungover, just tired after a 2am bedtime and a bathroom still to scrub this morning for Mam's arrival. As it happened she didn't arrive until 3pm so I could have spent the morning in bed rather than back and forwards to the window with 2 hyper children "Is she here yet? Is that her car?".
Top - Primark, Trousers - New Look, Shoes - New Look, Necklace and Ring - Primark

Sunday - I'm struggling with my colour today, I have 2 yellow tops and both are unsuitable for today's planned activities.  Strolling along the sea front, a trip to the market, ice skating and then the funfair! (The only solution was my ever faithful sunflowers.) Yes we were all totally exhausted by the end of such a fun day.
Jeans - Next, Hoodie - Primark (Men's! Women's are never thick and chunky enough), Boots - Dorothy Perkins, Sunflower headband - Primark


Monday - Magical Maxi! Hides a multitude of sins and is also my colour for today, marvelous! I ended up layered in 2 cardigans, a pair of slipper socks and a fair of fluffy slippers by late afternoon. These temperatures or lack of them are not normal for this time of year surely.
Been practising my Reiki at Dad's house today (after bio Mam went home). My brother and his wife were keen to give it a try then Dad jumped up and said "right, its my turn!" (he was the skeptic from 2 weeks ago....). I laughed but asked if I could at least have a cup of coffee in between treatments!
Mam (bio) and I. Dress - Boden (less 40% discount from a friends party)

Tuesday - I've been dying for a pair of coloured skinny jeans for ages so I treat myself to these last week. Might even get myself a green pair. It's my Mam's birthday today, OK this is where it gets confusing, not Mam who has just visited, but my step-mam who I often refer to as 'mam' as shes the one who has brought me up from being 1 year old. So really she's the mother in my life. My bio mam is still my mam, but I don't, can't and probably never will hold the same respect for her as I do for my step mam. So for J's birthday I treat her to a fish pedicure. We've been once before but I still cant get over the weird feeling of it!
Jeans - Primark, Boots - Dorothy Perkins, T-shirt - Primark, Cardigan - TK Maxx, Head scarf - Ebay

My mam (step mam J) and I.


Wednesday - Too cold for the dress I wore last week so I found another 'back of the wardrobe' item to help me with my indigo day.
Top - Apricot, Leggings - Miss Selfridge, Boots - Dorothy Perkins, Bracelet - Dorothy Perkins, set of 4 beads - Gift, Earrings - Table top sale.

Thursday - Keeping it simple. Violet days are easy... they can be white or violet! So Violet earrings, violet nail polish and a plain simple t-shirt. I haven't been very well recently and took a trip to the doctors today, so I was dressed for comfort. Turns out she thinks I have some kind of cyst/lump/'something' and is referring me for a scan as soon as possible. :-/
Jacket - New Look, T-Shirt - Primark, Trousers - TK Maxx, Earrings - Dorothy Perkins








2 comments:

  1. loving that maxi dress, and those coloured jeans look great on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That maxi dress is absolutely fabulous on you.
    You and your bio Mum look so alike but I can see a similarity with you and your Mam, too. In fact, you can see the love radiating between the both of you so clearlty in that pedi picture, it's just lovely. x

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading through all of your comments.