A blog of fashion, food and family. With a few random musings inbetween.

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Day to Night

Friday was such a busy day for me but I was determined to keep in with my 21 day colour theme. My birth mam was coming down to stay at our house for the first time ever. The children didn't think twice to invite her for a sleepover and helpfully told her we have a spare room that my best friend from Belfast stays in when she visits....
Trousers - Matalan (sale), Vest - Matalan

Saturday morning was the time she would arrive, and given the state of the house after our flooded cupboards and 6 weeks of children being off school there was quite a bit of tidying up to do! I'd been invited out for my sister in law's birthday on Friday night, my eldest had her friend around for the afternoon and the hoover was attached to my hand all day. Does anyone else have to spend 2 days cleaning before guests or are you all domestic goddesses? I really need to organise myself better.


So the first pictures are very rare and probably never again will you see me without makeup, unless I have my sunglasses on ;o)
Roll on to Friday night.

Dress - Thrifted (unknown brand), Double ring - Primark, Bangles - Warehouse, Leather cuff - Primark

Time to let my hair down. Well I would have if I had any to let down. I'd planned to rummage amongst my summer frocks to try and get some final wear out of them but with one look out of the window to the clouds that had produced a crazy amount of rain all day long, autumn fashion was the way forward. I was secretly pleased, I always feel more glam in autumnal clothes.

Dress - Thrifted, Tights - Dorothy Perkins (sale), Boots - Dorothy Perkins

Loads of people commented on my dress, asking where I had got it from, "oh I can't remember, its been at the back of my wardrobe for agggggggges". Well OK, between you bloggers and I it was purchased in a charity shop 2 weeks ago! There are some people you can proudly tell about your thrifted purchases, but the crowd I was with on Friday night were not that type...
Sometimes it pays off to be different and stand out from the crowd. As I sat among the group of over done perma-tans it was my paleness that they were all cooing over and wishing they had skin like mine. One particular lady said "I would kill to have skin like yours" then started prattling on about how she ONLY has 6 minutes on a sunbed each day... A smile and nod and say nothing moment from me.


Here's my new toy! I've been after a DSLR for ages and could never afford one but my best friend was upgrading her camera and sold me a bargain. So far its never left the auto switch, I have no idea what I'm doing with it, and I cant even find the timer switch so my eldest is currently taking all of my blog photos. Shes enjoying being paparazzi though as the button has continuous shooting so its like a fashion show when she has it in her hands!

DSLR - Cheaper than usual off best friend, Double ring - Primark, Bangles - Warehouse, Leather cuff - Primark

2 comments:

  1. You look stunning without makeup and just beautoiful in your new-to-you dress. I love that lipstick, too.
    Your new camera looks like serious stuff. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for the dslr!
    i love both looks, the black dress is especially amazing though :)
    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading through all of your comments.