A blog of fashion, food and family. With a few random musings inbetween.

Thursday 25 August 2011

Lurking at the back of the wardrobe...

So I've found a new way to investigate the items of my wardrobe and lure myself away from the usual items. I've been given a challenge (well it was a suggestion) as part of my Reiki course. Over the 21 days following my attunment each day represents a chakra clearing and to recognise this the teacher suggested carrying something in the colour, or wearing something in the colour of that chakra each day. Chakras are represented by the 7 colours of the rainbow. Ive tried keeping my blog posts in order but a few are mixed up. If I was more organised Id have liked to see the correct order.
Today is the throat chakra, colour blue/cyan. Well I hunted and hunted and finally found this top lurking at the back of my wardrobe. I bought it in the Next sale 3 years ago, in the teen section and have never worn it yet. Its beautiful and floaty, covered in tiny beads and a few sequins. I just removed the satin blue belt to update it slightly. During my shopping trip the lady on the till told me I looked striking and it was such an eye catching colour, made my day :o)

Top - Next (sale), Jeans - Next, Belt - New Look (came with trousers), Shoes - Barretts (thrifted)

4 comments:

  1. oh i love this idea for a challenege, and the top is lovewly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That colour is one of my favourites and looks beautiful on you.
    I'm looking forward to learning more about chakras and seeing what you come up with in your challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve that top its such a nice colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the top, it really brings out your eyes! And the belt works wonderfully with it. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading through all of your comments.