A blog of fashion, food and family. With a few random musings inbetween.

Monday 27 June 2011

"I don't like Mondays"...

Dress - ASOS

The Boomtown Rats may well have sung these famous lyrics but I have to say I absolutely LOVE my Mondays! What's there not to like? 9am school and nursery open and its the only day of the week where both the girls are there until 3pm. A full day (almost), can you believe it?? Don't get me wrong I love my children to bits and in fact would turn someone to bits if they dared upset them in any way, but its a mothers prerogative to skip along to the school gates on a Monday morning.

So was today any different? No but it was better! The skies were blue, the sun scorching hot before we even left the house and I had no outstanding jobs to get sorted. Believe me when the weather is nice my ironing pile can grow itself right out of the open windows. I decided to dig out my old maxi dress, how ridiculous I used to save this dress for nights out only, what was that all about? Its super light, floaty and just perfect for such a sweltering heat. Now such a dress is wasted on doing the housework, you will start to see a pattern here in time..., so the beach was the only option. Strolling along the sand, icy waters cooling my feet was a blissful day for me. Only slightly spoilt by clock watching and hoping the roadworks don't cause too much traffic to get me back for 3pm. My dress was blowing gracefully in the breeze and Id like to say something romantic like 'my cascading curls were also blowing gently across my shoulders' but ho-hum I had them all chopped off 3 months ago! Made do with a funky feathered hairband instead. (short naturally curly hair, beaches and wind do not make a perfect match)  Aplogies for the dodgy photo... I should have taken a 'before' beach photo not an after shot.

Hairband - Primark

So tomorrow the forecast is to be a lot cooler and cloudy. Come on Britain, sort it out!

3 comments:

  1. You look stunning! Your short hair is beautiful and both the dress and hair piece make you look like a Glasto goddess. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog thats very kind of you.

    I am now a follower of your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for taking the time to read my blog and for the lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading through all of your comments.