A blog of fashion, food and family. With a few random musings inbetween.

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Appearances are often deceiving.

I'm unfit. Very unfit. If I ever have to (I was going to say run for a bus but I take the car) run after The Terror I find myself gasping for breath, heart pounding and red in the face. Worse still, whilst walking uphill and trying to have a conversation on the phone I sound like I could have a job on the premium rate lines! I used to go to Zumba 3 times a week, until just after Christmas then the novelty wore off and it died down to once a week when my motivated friend made me move my ass! I think everyone needs at least one motivated friend to counteract the bad influence friends inviting us for scrummy cakes/coffee or kebab/beer! Anyway the comfy pyjamas and cuppas with dunking biscuits have swapped the place of my zumba classes for quite a few weeks now, so tonight, I'm motivated, I'm going (as soon as I eat this pasta anyway...).



People often look at me and say "yeah, as if you need to excercise, theres nothing on you". Well for one, I often disguise my mummy tummy and two, plenty skinny people can have heart attacks too! I've seen many a larger man or lady take part in marathons, and well done them! Its a hell of a lot more than I could ever do. So it does annoy me when people assume slim = fit.

I did have a giggle a while back when a male friend asked eageryly "so in these Zumba classes are there lots of fit ladies, and what do they wear?" I helpfully told him its all young sexy ladies and everyone wears lycra hot pants and bra tops. Well, he doesn't need to be dissappointed with the truth ;o)

6 comments:

  1. Haha, I can totally relate! I'm so bad at working out, but my roommate in college actually wakes up early to exercise (a completely foreign concept to me). Hopefully she'll be a good influence...eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a great blog! please check out my blog and follow if you like, I promise to do the same for you! xx
www.lovejoice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly don't look unfit! I was rubbish at attending classes, all enthusiasm one minute and boredom the next, until I discovered Wii Fit, there's rarely a day passes when I'm not on it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you back dear! thank you for following me! xx Joice

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha men always imagine that aerobic classes are filled with sexy women with great figures....he would be do disappointed if he went to one lol

    I know what you mean it annoys me also that people presume if someone is slim they are gorgeous because I have seen girls who are a lot curvier size 14-16 who are stunning (not that I am saying a size 14-16 is fat) xx

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading through all of your comments.