A blog of fashion, food and family. With a few random musings inbetween.

Friday 15 July 2011

Retail therapy and a night out!

Definitely the best medicine.
Started yesterday with a trip to Starbucks. I've seen hundreds of people walking around with the sudden Frappuccino trend and I've always wondered what the fuss was about. So I ordered one. After going through the million Starbucks questions of "do you want blah blah".... "what flavour..." "what size..." and answering them all with "erm, I'm not sure, just whatever". The girl serving me assured me that a caramel coffee frappuccino is (in some random fake American accent) "totally amaaaaaaaazzzzzing", well I can agree that it is the most fabulous cold drink ever, well non alcoholic anyway!

Caramel Coffee Frappuccino - Starbucks

So Frappuccino in hand I skipped along the row of shops and ended up having a mini spending spree in Dorothy Perkins on their jewelry range that was in the sale (I rarely spend more than £2 on a piece of jewelry) and then I headed to TK Maxx and found a "totally amaaaaazzzzing" cardigan. Hoorah! Spirits were lifting.

Last night I also had a rare night out with 24 of the mams and teachers from my daughters nursery to celebrate the end of term and also to say goodbye as next week is their last week before big school! It was such a hot sticky night, so I successfully managed to try on 10 outfits, pull most of my wardrobe contents onto the bed before settling on a non clingy (sit down meal...) and a cool dress.

Dress - New Look, Shoes - New Look, Ring - Dorothy Perkins, Pearls - Christmas gift

As I pulled it on I decided it was quite Twiggy-ish, so I dug out the dark eyeshadow and black eyeliner and had a go pulling my hair into a different style.

(please excuse semi-dressed, small child in the background!)

You know, Ive had long hair for 28 years of my life and finally after getting it cropped right off I've done more hairstyles in the last 3 months than I've done my whole life! Anyway, turned out to be an 'ok' night, but a better night is planned for Saturday in Newcastle instead!

6 comments:

  1. love the dress! its such a pretty colour :)
    and what a great idea to theme your makeup to it too! :D
    i love a spending spree ;)
    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous, you've got the hair and make-up spot on. You have the most wonderful bone structure. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeep, major frappuccino craving right now. I got hooked on the chocolate one when I was in the states last year... I'm so very grateful there isn't a Starbucks anywhere near me, as I'm sure my bank account is too. You look beautiful in that dress, by the way! And thank you for reminding me about TK Maxx, I always forget to check that place out whenever I'm shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone xx
    Katie I forgot about TK Maxx clothing for years, well not quite forgot but as I headed straight for the homeware I totally bypassed the clothing rails as I couldn't be bothered to rummage. All of a sudden its now one of my favourite shops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I'm new to your blog. I also have celiac ( I sometimes post recipes on my lil' blog. I LOVE this Twiggy look. I'm so happy that Mod inspired looks are making a comeback : ) I posted some photos here http://iwasthegoldengirl.blogspot.com/2011/07/out-with-boho-in-with-mod.html

    I truly wish I could pull off your hair style! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi La Fille! Thanks for the comment and I'll be sure to check your blog out for coeliac posts too.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading through all of your comments.