A blog of fashion, food and family. With a few random musings inbetween.

Sunday 17 July 2011

The Vamp returns...

As you've probably already figured out I'll happily try out a variety of styles and don't have a typical signature style. However I often feel my best on a night out in something classic, dark and a bit vampy!

Top - River Island, Skirt - River Island, Shoes - New Look, Bag - Irregular Choice (via TK Maxx)

I'd planned to wear my cream twiggy style outfit again (different social circle!) but as the rain teamed down all day I decided flimsy cream fabric might end up looking like something from a Butlin's wet t-shirt competition. So I dug the contents of my wardrobe out, yet again, in fact most of my wardrobe is now sprawled across the bedroom rather than hanging up, I really should sort that rather than sitting typing this... By-passing numerous florals and patterns I stumbled across this black satin skirt. Its been a long time since I've worn it so I tried it on and was pleasantly surprised to find it still fits like a dream.

I absolutely love the ruching detail on this skirt and the button down top too. Im a sucker for detail.

Then I grabbed the top I bought to go with it such a while back and as the pub I was going to was a goth/ex-punk place and almost anything goes but majority of people wear dark colours, I decided it was perfect. Having worked out when I bought the outfit... it was October 2005 for the evening of my best friend's wedding. Well no chance of anyone in the pub seeing it before.
A pair of shoes still with the label intact after being in my wardrobe over a year made their debut outing (though I must admit I had to walk very very slowly....).

Shoes - New Look

My eldest daughter told me that I "must wear red lipstick!". Bangles on, then back off again as I  decided less is more. Hair clipped back to prevent terrible rain induced frizz and I was ready to go. Oh, along with my new bag I snapped up in TK Maxx for £10. Its an Irregular Choice clutch and the funky lining alone simply sold itself to me. As my friend said last night "it almost wants to make you turn it inside out to use it" and shes right!




All in all I felt like I had a brand new outfit yet only bought the bag, money saving at its best. Please excuse horrendous face pulling, I was half watching for my lift who was about to knock on the door!
Top - River Island, Skirt - River Island, Shoes - New Look, Bag - Irregular Choice (via TK Maxx)

5 comments:

  1. I was just writing about Irregular Choice in Saturdays post they are such a cool brand. The outfit is lovely the detailing on the skirt especially so x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outfit. The dress is such a perfect fit. I havent settled for a particular style either but I feel very comfortable in classic looks too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Goth inspired outfit, a big difference from the Twiggy look but still fabulous on you. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks amazing!
    please visit my blog, would be an honour!
    It's Fashion Damnit
    Lottie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These details are amazing. . for a moment I thought I saw a cheongsam in your first picture :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading through all of your comments.