A blog of fashion, food and family. With a few random musings inbetween.

Saturday 23 July 2011

Deja Vu

Twiggy - 1966

Twiggy has appeared again! I'm feeling so inspired by her at the moment and yet again I have found myself grabbing a 60s Mary Quant style dress out of the wardrobe.


Last night was yet another meal out followed by drinks at the local pub. No doubt after my little 'rush' of social events, that will probably be it until Christmas now! I had the usual moment of "what will I wear?", but this time I refrained from pulling out the whole contents of my wardrobe. My hands fell straight to a shift dress that I made for my GCSE textiles exam 13 years ago. I can't believe I've never actually wore this dress before, and now I'm hoping my mam still has the pattern I used as I quite fancy making more in this style!

Dress - Hand made by me, Boots - Faith, Ring - New Look, Pearls - Gift


Woke up this morning feeling rough! Wish it was alcohol inflicted but unfortunately it's just time for that summer cold.

Twiggy




7 comments:

  1. Very sixties a nice look x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you do look so twiggy inspired, it's fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You'd definitely give 1960's Twiggy a run for her money, you look beautiful and that dress is a stunner. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're totally Twiggy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading through all of your comments.