A blog of fashion, food and family. With a few random musings inbetween.

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Hearing things?

I opted for my old style comfort again today as the jeans keep creeping slowly back to the surface of my wardrobe. The good thing about blogging is I can actually see how many times I wear a particular item and how to change my ways. I spent most of the day tidying up, ironing, cooking - domestic goddess? Nope, I haven't ironed anything for the last 3 weeks so you can imagine my ironing basket(s) is now spreading into empty cardboard boxes. Maybe another reason I'm struggling with what to wear, all my clothes are in these baskets!

Top - Next, Birdcage necklace - Avon, Beads - vintage (late grandma's), Rings - Dorothy Perkins

At lunch time I managed to lock myself out of the house. Just at the same time the clouds got angry and decided to open a months worth of rain within the space of 10 minutes. OK don't panic I thought, just go to mams house and wait in there. Trouble was my key to my parents house is also on the same keyring as my house key, inside my house. <sigh> So I drove to mams work and collected her house key in order to get my spare key from her house. If you're still following you're doing well!

I let myself into the house and as I hunted through the key rack I thought I heard a cats bell jingling, you know the sound when a cat runs downstairs to greet you. No, must be my imagination. My mams cat has been dead 7 years (this week!). Jingle jingle jingle again went this sound which seemed to be coming from the hallway, so I followed the sound. Then I heard it a 3rd time from the top of the stairs. I wasn't scared but I must admit I fully expected to see our old cat sitting there. After a quick look around the house just in case some random stray cat had done a mission impossible and scaled the walls and broken into the house I found nothing, so I went to return mams house keys at her place of work. On telling her my tale (shes used to me having my 'spooky dooky moments' as she calls them) she went "ooh Ozzy died around this time and I could have really used his cuddles the other day". We just laughed it off and assumed maybe the wind was rattling the blinds into a cat bell noise. Though we failed to recreate our sound...

Roll on to tonight. Text came through off my mam "you won't believe this! me and your dad are sitting having tea and we BOTH just heard a cat meow twice in the house!". I thought she was winding me up, as dad is a complete skeptic on anything that isn't black and white! But apparently not, they swear they both heard this phantom cat a few hours after I heard its bell. Weird. But comforting.
Top - Next, Jeans - Next, Shoes - New Look, Birdcage necklace - Avon, Beads - vintage from my late grandma, Rings - Dorothy Perkins. (my very 'alive' cat, Lula)


3 comments:

  1. Haha, the jeans are creeping back up in my wardrobe as well! I just can't be bothered to properly wash/iron my skirts and dresses at the moment.

    Love the color of your jeans! This look does seem quite comfy and at the same time stylish. I love flowy black tops. :)

    As to the mysterious cat noises... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not we have a ghost cat in our house. At first jon thought I was nuts when I told him I'd seen our cats playing with a black cat in the dining room, it wasn't until it brushed against his legs, passed him on the stairs and vanished into mid-air that he finally believed me.
    Gorgeous 1970's inspired outfit. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg Vix thats weird! Hope its not too scary, though if your cats are happy enough to play with it, it must be ok :o)

    Ritu - we'll blame the weather ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I love reading through all of your comments.